Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where's Daddy? Where's Mommy? Where's Erich?

Karen and I have been having lots of fun with Erich these past two days. We have discovered recently that he has developed quite a sizable command of the English, German and Cantonese languages. For instance, I took him to the park the other day and asked him where he wanted to go next in English. He pointed at one of the slides and said guo do (Cantonese for "over there").

Yesterday, I asked him "Where's daddy?"

He pointed his finger straight at me and said "Daddy". I then asked him, "Where's mommy?". He pointed his finger at mommy and said "Momma". Impressed by this, I asked him "Where's Erich?". He tapped his finger to himself and said Ewick.

Finally, I thought I'd ask him a trick question: Where's Opa? (Opa is 'grandpa' in German). Grandpa wasn't there at the time. He thought for a moment, pointed at the door and said "Obah".

How cute. :)

No comments: